ISSUE GUIDE > ISSUE EIGHT
"He's gone. Nobody can touch him now."
"Out from the Nightmare"
Published November 2002
Re<Verse date: March 20 & 21, 1023
Shiro's past is finally reconciled when she finds the father who abandoned her years ago.
For details about what was changed for the on-line edition, go to the Revisions section.
- Shiro's ring is missing from her hand on the cover. It was left out because it proved too distracting.
- This is the first time we see full moons in the Re<Verse.
- Korosu's name comes from the Japanese "uchikorosu," "to shoot to death."
- Again, we hear that Shiro's nonexistant knowledge of English is unusual in this bilingual region.
- The man who shoots Korosu intended to subject Shiro to the nightmare of losing her father, which is actually what he's now prevented.
- This is the first issue to be made simultaneously with the webcomic Evil Jim (which started in September 2002). Because of the demand of both productions, there was a four-month gap between issues eight and nine instead of the usual two months.
- The Shenmue Docks: In the video game Shenmue, Ryo goes to work at the local harbor moving crates from warehouse to warehouse.
- The kanji used in this issue (seen all over the stores) either means "open" or "seafood."
- "The Laughing Fish" was the title of an episode of the Batman animated series.
- The Big Organization's abbreviation (as seen on the thugs' sleeves) is Big O, an anime.
- The three thugs blast off into the sky in true Team Rocket fashion.